Dr. Donald Roland began to build the foundation for his cosmetic surgery practice as an undergraduate at The George Washington University, where he majored in biology and minored in both art history and psychology. Subsequent to graduating with honors and receiving the James McBride Sterett Jr. Award in Physics, Dr. Roland earned his medical degree at the prestigious New York University School of Medicine. This is where Dr. Roland’s exposure to Plastic Surgery first began. As a young medical student on his nights off, Dr. Roland would often participate in long reconstructive surgeries continuing into the early morning hours at Bellevue Hospital in Manhattan.
During Dr. Roland’s post-graduate training at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, he completed his Plastic Surgery residency within the Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Montefiore Medical Center. Dr. Roland was recognized upon his graduation for outstanding achievement by receiving the Leo M. Davidoff Award for his teaching of Plastic Surgery. Before becoming a New York plastic surgeon, Dr. Roland devoted a year to research during his training, as the Jacques Maliniac Microsurgery fellow, where he conducted groundbreaking research on the effects of pulsed magnetic energy on new blood vessel formation.
Dr. Roland is Board Certified in Plastic Surgery and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgeons, and the New York Regional Society of Plastic Surgeons. In addition to his private cosmetic practice, Dr. Roland takes pride in his teaching Plastic Surgery Residents the finer points of cosmetic and microsurgical techniques for the New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation.
Dr. Roland brings his many years of expertise in Plastic Surgery as well as his broad education and artistic talent to his cosmetic practice. Many lunchtime procedures, such as Botox, are performed in Dr Roland’s two Manhattan offices. More elaborate procedures are performed in Manhattan’s desirable hospitals and surgicenters with which Dr. Roland is affiliated.
Post Doctoral Training:
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Montefiore Medical Center, NY
- Plastic Surgery. Residency: July 1997 – June 1999
- Jacques Maliniac Microsurgery Fellowship: July 1996 – June 1997
- General Surgery Residency: July 1993 – June 1996
- New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY. – M.D. May 1993
- George Washington University, Washington, D.C. – B.S. May 1988
Board Certification and Licensure:
- Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
- New York State Medical License
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- New York Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery
- New York Regional Society of Plastic Surgeons
Hours by Appointment at:
New York, NY 10075
Tel: (212) 744-9400
Fax: (212) 744-9424