Why choose Dr. Roland?
- Is recognized as one of the leading plastic surgeons in New York City (NYC)
- Has more than two decades of expertise as a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
- Has performed hundreds of breast surgeries and has hundreds of Before & After photos to prove it to you
- Is a published author and sought-after researcher who conducts his research out of the prestigious New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai
- Dr. Donald Roland specializes in breast procedures like breast lift, breast augmentation
The mastopexy, more commonly known as breast lift, is a cosmetic procedure that raises sagging breasts to a natural, proportionate position on the chest. The procedure will eliminate stretched tissue to restore firmer, shapely breasts. During a mastopexy, elongated nipples can be reshaped and re-positioned. As a result, restoring younger looking breasts.
Table of Content:
- Why a Breast Lift?
- How is the Breast Lift Performed?
- Mastopexy Incisions
- Getting Started
Why Consider a Breast Lift?
As with most areas of the body, over time, the breasts may slowly begin to sag. Combined with the normal aging process, heavy breast tissue often endures a variety of physical changes such as:
- Breast feeding
- Weight loss
- Effects of gravity and genetics.
Slowly the breasts can sink lower on the chest and lose volume, looking less attractive. No matter how subtle these changes, breasts that sag or lose their youthful shape can be a harsh blow to one’s confidence and self-esteem. Luckily, ladies in New York have the option to regain a perky, lifted chest with Dr. Donald Ronald’s mastopexy.
We custom-tailor the breast lift to fit your unique needs. Though this surgical procedure does not address diminishing chest volume, Dr. Roland can combine the breast lift technique with breast augmentation (breast implants) to provide you with optimal results.
Breast Lift Before & After Photos
How is the Breast Lift Performed?
Dr. Roland’s breast lift procedure is performed at an accredited New York City (NYC) surgical facility under general anesthesia. In the operating room, the procedure will take from two to three hours to perform, depending on the extent of correction and the specific technique used.
Mostly all have these common steps involved:
- First thin incision, around the nipple/areola complex, down the center of the breast, and horizontal across the breast crease.
- Remove excess skin and unwanted tissue.
- Use internal sutures to create lift and support for the remaining breast tissue.
- After the desired correction has been made, incisions will be sutured closed and a compression garment put in place for proper healing.
Where will Mastopexy Incisions be placed and do they scar?
Dr. Roland will use an inverted T-shaped incision for his breast lift procedure. The incisions will go around the nipple/areola, down the center of the breast and across the breast crease. This allows the surgeon to address the lax, stretched tissue
Dr. Roland meticulously places his incisions for the best possible results. The breast lift will result in scarring along the incision lines. Though these fade over time, the scar will remain visible.
What Can I Expect from My Breast Lift Recovery?
Recovery after a mastopexy will take from one to two weeks. Bruising and mild to moderate discomfort can be expected. Dr. Roland will prescribe the necessary medications for a comfortable recovery. Initially, swelling and shape distortion may occur but will fade over the first few weeks. Some residual swelling, however, can take up to six months to fully resolve.
One should postpone exercise and heavy lifting from four to six weeks after breast surgery. We encourage our breast lift patients to wear a surgical compression garment, supportive bra or surgical bra for support and to reduce swelling.
Most women are feeling well enough to return to work in seven days or less. If you have undergone this surgery within a short time after pregnancy, nursing isn’t recommended until full recovery.
What are the Risks and Complications Associated with Mastopexy?
The breast lift procedure has provided satisfying results for thousands of women. The technique is considered safe and effective.
As with any other surgical technique, a mastopexy does have side-effects. Swelling, tenderness, and bruising are most common. Temporary numbness is also normal. More serious complications are rare but can include unexpected bleeding, infection, loss of nipple sensation, and asymmetry.
In the consultation, Dr. Roland will discuss with you the chances of potential complications with your upcoming procedure.
After consulting for about a year with different plastic surgeons for a breast augmentation, Dr.Roland was highly reccomended to me. I am 25 years old and started with a very small A cup. I am now a 32D, under the muscle 375 cc silicone implants. My breasts look beautiful. I know I could have not had better reults with anyone else. My breasts look natural, symmetrical and my recovery was a breeze! I am so very happy I chose Dr.Roland. Even his office staff is amazing! Look no further, he is your plastic surgeon!
Procedures Associated with Breast Lift
The breast lift can provide excellent results for women frustrated with a sinking, sagging chest. The technique will lift the breasts and, as a result, improve the shape and firmness of the chest. However, a mastopexy does not add breast volume the way that a breast enhancement will.
For optimal results, Dr. Roland can combine a breast augmentation, with saline or silicone breast implants, with a breast lift. For instance, you can combine a breast life with other techniques to get a more complete physical rejuvenation. For example, the Mommy Makeover consists of a breast augmentation, tummy tuck and liposuction.
Your Mastopexy Consultation
Prior to a breast lift
A quick review of what will happen:
- During the first consultation, Dr. Roland will perform a physical examination and review your medical history.
At this time, he will carefully listen to your short-term and long-term aesthetic goals.
- Secondly, Dr. Roland will explain the mastopexy procedure in detail. He will use before/after pictures of his recent breast lift patients to display potential results.
- He will answer any remaining breast lift questions.
- Make a final decision on implant type and volume.
- My body has really taken a hit from having my three kids.
- My breasts are a little droopy after having my kids, do I need a lift or breast implants?
- Breast Management 101- The Three S’s
Getting Started with a Breast Lift
If you want more information on the breast lift, breast reduction & other breast-related procedures, or to schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Roland, contact his New York City office at (212) 744-9400.
Dr. Roland is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in body procedures. Dr. Roland is centrally located, at 58 East 79th Street, one block off Madison Avenue. One can easily get to his office by car or subway. For patients coming from outside of the New York City (NYC) area, travel assistance is available. You can speak with a patient coordinator for help with directions or transportation, in